Yosef Meystel wants to know, have you ever seen a happy person and been jealous of their happiness? Or has someone told you that? Did you know that happy people and unhappy people did things differently? Well of course you did, but do you know what they do differently? Yosef Meystel did some research and will let you in on the secret!
Monday, April 8, 2013
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Thursday, March 28, 2013
The Fountain of Youth – Yosef Meystel knows that we all are in search for it, but will we ever find it? Today’s news is filled with stories about myths, facts and suspicions of things that will increase our longevity.
So Yosef Meystel figured, ‘why not?’ and he’ll add his own two cents. While these are not guaranteed ways, they will improve your overall health. It has been found that healthy lifestyles promote a longer life.
So what are some ways to increase our longevity? Here are a few:
- Healthy eating habits
- Stop stressing out
- Routinely scan for cancer: breast, cervical and colorectal
- Stay social
- Quit smoking
- Catch your Z’s
- Stay active
- Stay at a healthy weight
- Protect your skin from the sun
- Exercise your mind
For more health news and tips, visit Yosef Meystel's website.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Yosef Meystel writes about health news, and today's topic is a piece of advice. We are all well aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. With the proper diet and exercise our bodies love us back. But what else do you have to do to improve our overall life? It’s more than just diet and exercise, and it benefits us in the long run.
What we do now helps us years down the road.
MedicineNet.com writes “other important life style modifications lead a healthier life in seniors,” which include:
- Limiting alcohol intake to one drink daily
- Kicking the smoking habit
- Using skin moisturizers and sun protection
- Brushing and flossing teeth once or twice a day
- Staying proactive in own healthcare and participating in decision making
- Making routine doctor visits
- Informing your doctor of your medications on a regular basis
- Following recommended instructions for health screening, preventive tests, and vaccinations
- Visiting a dentist regularly (once or twice a year)
- Following up with eye doctor and foot doctor, especially for people with diabetes
- Being aware of potential medication side effects and interactions including over-the-counter drugs, herbals, and alternative medicine
- Adhering to routine sleep schedule and using good sleep hygiene
- Engaging in routine and scheduled social activities
- Taking vacations
Yosef Meystel is a big fan of the vacation suggestion. What are you going to do today that will help you tomorrow?
Friday, March 22, 2013
In Yosef Meystel's blog today, we wonder have you ever seen a happy person and been jealous of their happiness? Or has someone told you that? Did you know that happy people and unhappy people did things differently? Well of course you did, but do you know what they do differently? We’ll let you in on the secret!