Yosef Meystel writes about health news, and today's topic is a piece of advice. We are all well aware of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. With the proper diet and exercise our bodies love us back. But what else do you have to do to improve our overall life? It’s more than just diet and exercise, and it benefits us in the long run.
What we do now helps us years down the road.
MedicineNet.com writes “other important life style modifications lead a healthier life in seniors,” which include:
- Limiting alcohol intake to one drink daily
- Kicking the smoking habit
- Using skin moisturizers and sun protection
- Brushing and flossing teeth once or twice a day
- Staying proactive in own healthcare and participating in decision making
- Making routine doctor visits
- Informing your doctor of your medications on a regular basis
- Following recommended instructions for health screening, preventive tests, and vaccinations
- Visiting a dentist regularly (once or twice a year)
- Following up with eye doctor and foot doctor, especially for people with diabetes
- Being aware of potential medication side effects and interactions including over-the-counter drugs, herbals, and alternative medicine
- Adhering to routine sleep schedule and using good sleep hygiene
- Engaging in routine and scheduled social activities
- Taking vacations
Yosef Meystel is a big fan of the vacation suggestion. What are you going to do today that will help you tomorrow?