Unfortunately, arthritis is common for 1 in 5 adults (2009 CDC report). Medications can help with the pain and inflammation, but did you know that there are foods that can help with inflammation?
These foods, when added to your diet, can help lessen the symptoms of arthritis.
- · Blueberries. These babies are packed with nutritional punch.
- · Brazil nuts. Easy to carry snacks!
- · Citrus fruits. Vitamin C can help, but be careful not to have too much of it.
- · Cruciferous vegetables. Huh? We know. Try broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and more.
- · Extra virgin olive oil. There are antioxidants in some of the fats in the oil that can reduce inflammation.
- · Ginger. Try adding it to drinks, desserts, side dishes, etc.
Try sautéing some Brussels sprouts in extra virgin olive oil for dinner, or make a smoothie with blueberries and ginger.
What do you do to ease that inflammation of arthritis?